1. APPLICABLE LEGISLATION
Paragraph two of article 22 of Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce Act 34/2002, of 11 July (hereinafter, LSSI-CE) stipulates that:
1. Service providers may use data storage and recovery mechanisms on the devices of recipients, provided that they have given their consent after receiving complete and clear information about their use, especially regarding the purposes for processing the data, pursuant to the provisions of Personal Data Protection Act 15/1999, of 13 December.
Where it is technically possible and effective, the recipient’s consent to processing may be expressed by using the appropriate settings of a browser or other application, on the condition that they must configure this while it is being installed or updated, through an express action for such purpose.
The foregoing shall not preclude any technical storage or access for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the recipient to provide the service.
Cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempt from the provisions laid down in article 22.2 of the LSSI-CE:
• Only to allow communication between the user’s device and the network.
• Strictly to provide a service expressly requested by the user.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES AND THEIR PURPOSE
A cookie is a file that is downloaded on to your computer which, among other things, allows a website to store and recover information about a user’s browsing habits or device and, depending on the information contained and how they use your computer, they can be used to recognise the user.
• Strictly necessary cookies: These allow the user to browse a website, platform or application, and use the different options or services available on them, such as monitoring traffic and data communication, identifying a session, accessing restricted areas, remembering all items in an order, placing an order for a purchase, applying to sign up for/participate in an event, enabling security features when browsing, storing content to play video or audio files or sharing content on social networks.
• Functionality cookies: These allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics, based on a number of criteria on the user’s device, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional settings for the place where you are accessing the service etc.
• Performance cookies: These allow the party responsible for the cookie to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites with which they are associated. The information collected with this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications and platforms to create browsing profiles of the users of those websites, applications and platforms, with the aim of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the data on the way that users are using the service.
• Advertising cookies: These enable the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform through which the requested service is being provided to be managed in the most effective way possible, based on criteria such as the content published and the frequency with which adverts are shown.
• Behavioural advertising cookies: These enable the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform through which the requested service is being provided to be managed in the most effective way possible. These cookies store information about the behaviour of users, obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, enabling a specific profile to be developed and advertising to be displayed based on this.
3. INFORMATION PRINCIPLE
The information obtained through the cookies installed on your computer will be used for the purpose of ensuring the quality and security of the services offered and allowing us to improve those services, and enabling us to monitor our advertising campaigns.
The recipients of the information obtained through the cookies that are installed on your computer will be the following entities:
o Us, as the publisher responsible for the website and the data controller.
o The following entities, which are directly related to us: Google Inc. (Google Analytics)
4. PRINCIPLE OF CONSENT
You give your consent for the cookies to be installed by ticking the “ACCEPT” box included in our pop-up window and the additional information about the Cookies is shown in this Cookies Policy.
5. INSTALLING COOKIES
While agreeing to install cookies on your computer is your decision, refusing to do so may mean that the website's functionality is limited or not possible, which would make it impossible for us to provide the services through it.
6. DISABLING COOKIES
You can block, disable or change the settings for the cookies installed on your computer at any time. We have provided information on how to do so on the main browsers:
As well as Google AdWords third-party cookies:
We accept no responsibility for the content and truthfulness of the cookie policies of the above third parties.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
We will protect your data with effective security measures according to the risks that the use of your information entails.
To that end, we have approved a Data Protection Policy and checks and annual audits are carried out to verify that your personal data is secure at all times.
8. WHERE CAN I FILE A COMPLAINT?
Did you know that we have a data protection officer to whom you can send all complaints, queries and suggestions regarding the use of your personal information?
Our data protection officer is called AUDIDAT and these are its contact details:
o Contact telephone number: 96 131 88 04
o Contact email address: email@example.com
o Website: https://www.businessadapter.es/
If you believe that we have neglected your rights, you can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency through any of the following means:
o Electronic office: www.agpd.es
o Postal address:
Spanish Data Protection Agency
C/ Jorge Juan, 6
o By telephone:
Tel. 901 100 099
Tel. 91 266 35 17
Filing a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency is free of charge and you do not require the assistance of a lawyer or solicitor.